Navigation Bar

I heart Valentine's Day when centers are this MUCH FUN!

I love making new centers for my little ones! I just made this amazing new center for students and you can too!  I bought a box of conversation hearts and with the help of my computer tech friend at school the logo was wiped out and popcorn words was inserted.  We have a color poster machine so this is about 2 foot by 3 1/2 foot...I KNOW .....we are very L-u-c-k-y! I made this game for all of the other K teachers at my school AND I think they love it as much as I do!


Then we added the current popcorn words! I used our school die cut machine to die cut hearts in "conversation" colors and then added the same popcorn word to the heart. The students simply read the word and match up.

I found these super cute heart shaped containers at the Dollar Tree and Target in the dollar spot along with heart shaped table scatter at both places.




Then I used my Cameo to die the sight word for the outside of the container with vinyl and added the same letters to the individual hearts. The students the build each word into the heart container.
PSSSTT...don't tell my team but I spent a little time today making this for each of them!!!


The last Valentine Center that I really like and I made it for FRREEE with the help of a Facebook Request to my friends and a quick note home to parents. I asked for all of the extra Valentine's they had at home or in the pack they had bought for that year. Most packs  come with more students than are in our classroom--or less so parents bought 2 packs. Then I  glued the valentines on pink construction paper and searched for sight words that my little ones knew. They used a dry erase marker to circle the words right on the Valentines and they love this because of the fun characters.

I have been a little MIA but I am committing to more post in 2013!!!! I look forward to reaching my 300th follower so I can have a give away!!!! 

2 comments

  1. I love these ideas. I'm pinning your card idea so that I can remember it for next year. I'm hosting a linky for people to share their Valentine's Day pictures, I'd love for you to link up this post if you have time. Enjoy your weekend.

    ✰ Stacy

    Simpson Superstars

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stacy~ I will link up now!!! I know it a little late but next year people will have that amazing resource on your blog!

      Delete

Designed by A Hughes Design